I’ve been working hard on losing weight, because, well, I had a lot to lose. I’ve lost about 20 pounds so far, but I will not be happy until I can lose 15 more, especially if all 15 come from my tummy and handles de amor. Until then, it will be obvious to me and sometimes obvious to others that I am out of shape. Here are just ten things that point to this:
March 23, 2010
1. Every time I show off my speed, people are surprised by my quickness. During a game at youth group last week, more than one person pointed out that I was a lot faster than I look…or in other words, you look slow, like all the other fat guys.
2. Laying down to read is painful if I have exercised within 24 hours of laying down.
3. No one expects me to order a salad at a restaurant, and if I do, they are flabbergasted.
4. When playing basketball, I start slow jogging/walking after about four times up the court.
5. I look at the timer to see if I’m done with my cardio workouts at almost exactly two minutes every time.
That’s not everything that points to my being out of shape, but it’s a start. Hopefully that list keeps shrinking and shrinking over the next few months as I hope to be shrinking and shrinking, too.
Oh, and on a side note, happy birthday, Nate! <– that's one of my nephews