I can’t tell you everything I learned from my dad, for a few reasons: first of all, I don’t want to write a post that long, and you wouldn’t want to read it; secondly, I have probably forgotten a lot of it; and third, and perhaps most importantly, I don’t want to tag this post as adult rated material. But here is a glimpse at the things I am willing to share with you:
- Being mature doesn’t mean being boring and not having fun.
- It’s okay to pick on Lisa until Mom gets home.
- My mom was his wife first, and if we disrespected her, we’d answer to him.
- There isn’t a good enough reason to get into a fight in school…unless someone was making fun of Mom, in which case, he would be disappointed if we didn’t fight for her.
- It’s okay to laugh at your child’s mischief and then deny approving of it later when answering to a higher authority (Mom).
- His family was more important than anyone else’s family. As a result, if you messed with us, he messed with you.
- The same guy can be a goofball and a romantic, but rarely at the same time.
- Humor is a great teaching tool.
- Blacks socks with brown sandals go well with shorts…very short shorts.
That is just a small sample. Hopefully I can pass all of this wisdom – and the wisdom I could not share – onto Jakob.